Monday, November 22, 2010

Halloween

This year I thought a lot about Halloween's from my childhood. The thing that I loved about Halloween's growing up is that they were always very homemade. Homemade treats, costumes, pumpkins and decorations. I remember making homemade caramel apples with Daddy...And through years of work from Mom the box of homemade costumes...I would always carve pumpkins, and still do to this day, Halloween night. The sense that is most closely associated with Halloween for me is all of the smells...The smell of a candle burning inside of a jack-o-lantern reminds me of trick-or-treating around the neighborhood...the smell of Noxzema reminds me of taking face makeup off...The smell of candy!! But it has to be a mixture of types of candy...if not it is just too specific.

This year I made a Charlie Brown ghost costume...it was really fun!
Here is a photo of everyone in the office who dressed up. Look! I found Wenda! For the office I tried my hand at homemade rootbeer. Totally expensive. Totally worth it. The only thing that I did not like was that it didn't "fog" very long. Any suggestions to make it smoke longer with the dry ice? Still it tasted wonderful.

Here are this year's pumpkins...The owl didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but the spider made up for it!

No comments: