Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Christmas 2009!! I can't believe that it has come and gone...for us it really is the most wonderful time of the year! Kyle and I actually waited for an appropriate period of time before we did our Christmas...we had ours on Wednesday night, and it was great! Then Thursday morning we slept in and then headed north to visit family. Christmas Eve is the Soderstrom's big tradition of our "Christ dinner"...we eat things that we think the Savior would have eaten, like flat bread, fish, olives, dates, almonds, cheese, grape juice, celery etc...this year mom decided to throw in some new foods...different types of nuts, lentils, goat's cheese, and goat's milk. Kyle and Ben were the only two brave ones for the goat's milk...unfortunately they did not read the can before drinking and it was warm goat's milk concentrate! So funny! Also we got new jammies! Hooray for Christmas pj's! The next morning we woke up and had the traditional Cottam family Christmas breakfast! Which includes ham and buckwheat pancakes with fresh raspberries and cream! AMAZING! I am hungry just thinking about them! We played games and then headed back to my sister's house for our family gifts. Really it was just a day full of family, food and fun! the next day we went up to visit Kendall and Mel and made crepes with my new crepe maker (which is freakin' AWESOME! Thank you love!) and then hung out with my fam that night and played games. Sunday was great too, we had the Cottam family party, and then got to hang out with Kent and Bethy (who surprised us all with a visit from Nebraska!) After all of that we were kinda sorry to be home...it was a great Christmas, not too stressful at all!

Here is a picture of our tree this year!
And of the stockings...Santa really loved me because he left me a HUGE potato in mine!
As for the new decor this year I made garland for my pot shelves...I think they turned out great! Here is a close-up of the cinnamon ornaments!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your house is so cute! I love the garland.

Looks like you had a great Christmas. We need to get together again, maybe sometime when Kyle's around so we can actually catch up with him too. :)

Or we could just do a girl's lunch and gorge ourselves on not-good-for-you food. :) I'm good with either. Love ya!

Beth said...

So Fun! Wish we could have see you two longer.