Friday, June 24, 2011

First Camping Trip of the Season!

This last weekend we went camping with Sonnett and Levi at Yankee Meadows. I love it up there because it is not too far away, it is clean, quiet and has everything I like while camping. I found out that Levi is a firewood cutting fool. I was reminded that boys get crazy when you get them together, everything tastes better cooked over the fire, smores are AWESOME, bug spray tastes AWFUL, Yankee Meadows has the cleanest latrines EVER (which I really appreciate), woods can get creepy after ghost stories (even silly ones like Kyle's golden arm story), I like looking at the stars, and remembering layers is a good thing! It was a great trip, at a great site, with great food and GREAT company! Here are some photos of the trip:

Kyle and I :)This was my "En Guard, I will skewer you with my roasting stick if you attempt to take my mallows!" look...
Me and my smore...and yes, it was AWESOME!Sonnett roasting her mallows...and Levi doing what he did best...chopping wood!Kyle enjoying his hot cocoa in the morning...
The beautiful Sonnett working on breakfastOn our hike...I love Kyle in the background on this one! At the reservoir on our hike!
Yes, we are all wearing the same sweatshirt just in different colors...Thank you SUU athletics's dept.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm a bit jealous. I can't wait to go camping.