Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Relay for Life

This last few weeks at work we have been working towards one night, which was last Friday! My office put together a team for one of my co-workers who is currently battling breast cancer, thus the name SUU Kathy's Krew! We did fundraisers, donations and change gathering. It was a whole lot of work but so full-filling! Here is Kathy
The actual event lasted from five pm to noon the next day. I had the 9 pm to 6 am shift, but was on the set up crew too. (Try putting up a tent with the wind blowing...that is hard work!) I personally walked over 10 miles. I was a whole lot more emotional than I thought that I would be...because of Daddy...but I did alright. The best part of the whole experience was the luminaries walk which was when they honored those who had to go through it. This is Sheila, Netta and Me!

They had fireworks and all sorts of activities...but people became scarce at about 2 am. I had this weird burst of energy about then, it could have been because of my awesome relay mix on my ipod...hehe...and I started doing cartwheels on the track. I got some good laughs at least! All and all a great experience.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Good job Megs! I can just see you doing cartwheels. :)

Shae said...

That is so great that you guys had a Relay for Life team! We did that last summer with my family, as my dad is a Cancer Survivor. Up until the day of the event, I hadn't put much thought into it, but it was way more emotional than I thought it would be, like you said...especially the luminaries portion.

---- said...

HEY!! I didn't know you had a blog! I got the address off your facebook! I'm excited...I LOVE looking at blogs! If you want to check ours out send me an email at mgmodbe@gmail.com and I will send you an invite. (ours is private...)

Hope everything is going good! I saw your cute cake...I am assuming it was an SUU party. (the colors were a big tip off! ha ha)