Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Things I have learned from our Korean's

We are now officially two days into having our study abroad students stay with us from Korea...and I am already learning a whole lot, not only about them and their culture but myself as well. I just wanted to write down my thoughts, funny things they say, funny things we say and our experiences.

First of all the word Llama is the same in Korean as it is in English. Who knew? (This was brought up because to get to our house you drive by the SUU farm and in the sheep pasture there is a llama out there with them (I even know why!) and Kyle and I look for the llama each time we drive by. The llama is there because they do not stand down to predators...they will protect the herd of sheep!)

Our Koreans loved looking at the stars...they had never seen so many before.

They are so gracious, and want to help with everything and learn how to help.

I was told that I was the best card shuffler that they had ever seen...and that may change when they visit Las Vegas on their trip...but it was a funny compliment.

They think our home is huge...and to them it is. At first I felt kinda selfish and greedy...but then this made me realize how truely blessed we are. We have so much compared to most people. And not only are we blessed physically but spritually. Let's just say that my prayers have a whole lot more "thank you's" in them now.

And lastly Kyle has been AWESOME! He helps out a whole lot, is really involved, is positive and funny! I don't think that I could do this without him.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Glad its going well. What a fun time for you two. It will be so fun to remember that you were able to do that.